CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 18, 2009

Obama getting into rock? and more news on Wes Borland's attack by Marilyn Manson.

Obama was to make his first Commencement speech in Arizona State University, but little did anyone know that world renown maniac Alice Cooper was there to do the opener for Obama, he performed his hit 'School’s Out' in front of the 72,000 people that were awaiting Obama's speech. Cooper performed with his son Dash's band "Runaway Phoenix", he will be graduating ASU in 2010.
According to CBS News, Cooper said he’s never been into politics and that when his parents would talk about politics or taxes when he was growing up, "I'd go into my room and play the Yardbirds or the Who loud." He also said that while he hasn't really talked to politicians, he has played golf with a number of former presidents at various events.

Heres a small preview:




Limp Bizkit guitarist Wes Borland was a member of Manson's band and then left to join once again his original band Limp Bizkit. In an interview, Manson said, "We almost made the mistake of having Wes play guitar but he rejoined Limp Bizkit. That move forever eradicated my feelings on his choices in life as an artist."
When asked why he thinks Borland went back to his old band, Manson said: "That is what I find myself asking when I urinate sometimes. He said he would never go back. If the reason is money, then I'd rather roll up a $5 note and shove it up my urethra"
Wes said "I love Manson, he's definitely one of the wildest personalities I've ever been around and one of the smartest people I've ever met but it's the Marilyn Manson show over there Limp Bizkit is more of a band."

What do you think about Obamas choice to have Alice Cooper open up for him? Do you think politics are becoming more Rock and Roll?
And do you think Wes made the right choice to leave Manson?

1 comment:

  1. First off, that Obama shirt is halarious. And if Wes wanted to leave Manson, I guess his choices will catch up to him at some point! As for Obama and Alice Cooper...now he is realllllyyyy open to all audiences.

    ReplyDelete